A neighbor gave us a bag of huge apples from their tree tonight. I dont understand why they have ripe apples and my trees just finished blooming and have teeny apples on them... oh well! heres the recipe Iam using xo
APPLE CARAMEL BARS
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups butter - cold
- 1 1/2 cups apple - peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
* Preheat oven to 350° F.
* Grease the baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
* In large bowl, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and egg. Cut in the butter and mix well until ingredients are crumbly.
* Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Press the crumb mixture into the baking pan, bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
* While crust is baking, combine caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour in small bowl; mix well.
* Sprinkle the apples over the baked crust. Drizzle the caramel mixture over the top of the apples. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the caramel.
* Place back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
* Let cool completely before serving; approximately 2 hours.
* Cut into 2" squares and serve.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Posted by Annie Oakleaves at 9:06 PM